Friday, December 19, 2014

First Review of THREE

Well I got my first review for THREE and...it's not great. Only two stars, the reader wasn't a fan of threesomes. It is not for everyone, and I can't  make everyone happy with every book. What I try to do is write a novel that I'd like to read. That's the only way I can keep my own interest in the story. And after I read a few polyandry novels, I was seriously intrigued by the concept of one woman being in an actual relationship with multiple men. So, I decided to write my own version, my own fantasy. I'll just have to see how others feel about the story as they read it.

6 comments:

  1. You know, I think it's so unfair to give a book a low rating solely because you don't like the subject mater. If that's the case, then don't read the book because it's clearly stated that a threesome would happen (and the title duh...) I want to know if the writing was good, the plot flowed, if the characters were likeable or not...that's what a good review is to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's the same for me, I don't read reviews, don't give them, sometimes I only say 'it's good' or something like. If I don't like it, it goes on my 'not for me shelf' that's it. When I don't like it, it doesn't mean it isn't good, it's only me who isn't liking the book.
    If you want to find me on goodreads I'm Chica99 and I'm Dutch so mind my English writing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get that with Goodreads, I remember reading "In the Kitchen" by Monica Ali and it had such awful reviews, but it was such a wonderful book to me that I couldn't understand why most readers were giving it less that two star ratings.

    But, keep writing and I do agree with you that not everyone will love your work, and that should not stop anyone from writing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dora! Everyone is different and I get that. Sometimes I just think people are in a bad mood and take it out on author's and their books. ;)

      I'm serious though, I had one lady on Goodreads give a book of mine 1 star and then the next day she came back and added another star. Ha! It was like she was saying, "Okay okay, it was THAT bad." Crazy! But no worries, I'm still going. And I've gotten many more wonderful reviews for my book since I posted this.

      Delete

Ad